Effective date: 11/05/2019
Thank you for your interest in preventing the unthinkable with the OffenderWatch App.
- The Services. Watch Systems, L.L.C. (“OffenderWatch”) , is a Louisiana company with an address at 4 Sanctuary Blvd., Mandeville, LA 70471. Our Services assist you in monitoring the use of computer devices and applications under your control by children under the age of 18 for whom you are the authorized legal guardian (“Minor Child(ren)”). The Services allow you to select the devices and applications to be monitored by the Services (each selected account or device for monitoring is a “Covered Account”). The OffenderWatch App Software automatically deploys the configuration and the instructions given by you and you are solely responsible for the configuration of the Services for your Covered Account(s).
- Data Collection by OffenderWatch. The OffenderWatch App collects information and personal data about you and your Minor Children using the Covered Accounts (collectively, the following categories comprise the “Data”) through the Services in the following manner:
- Browsing. We automatically collect information when you visit the Site including your device’s IP address, browser and operating system, and statistics about how you use the Site. If you connect to our Site using a mobile device, we may also collect information about your device including the operating system and browser used and a unique device identification number associated with such device. We may collect information from you or your Minor Childs online interactions through other websites, such as social media sites, email accounts or other interactive sites when you identify those sites or accounts to us.
- Third Party cookies. We allow selected third parties to place cookies through the Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. For instance, we allow Google Analytics to place cookies through our Site to collect aggregated information about use of our Site and Site visitors to assist us in our analysis to provide better services to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses our website. We may also permit third party service providers to place cookies through our Site to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to the usage. We do not control the use of such third-party cookies or the resulting information and we are not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- Web-forms. If you submit any webform to us, we collect the data indicated in the forms indicated in and submitted through these forms by you, including name and email address. Required data in order to send the webform is indicated. This data is used for processing your request and contacting you for further communication.
- Registration Data. On registering for the Services, we will collect the following personal data: name, company/institution (if applicable to Services chosen), email address, home address, payment information (if applicable) and at least one user name and password (“Registration Data”). This data is obligatory and if it is not provided, an account cannot be created.
- Covered Account Data. On your behalf, as a principal function of the Service, we collect and process personal data relating to your Covered Accounts (“Covered Account Data”). Our system uses proprietary algorithms to review Covered Account(s)’ online interactions through their registered devices and applications including interactions of Covered Accounts with websites, social media sites, email accounts or other interactive sites including posts, blogs and other communications.
- Location information. We may collect location information of devices connected to our Site. In addition, we may request location information, for instance about the city where your child’s school is located, so that we may provide context for our analytics.
- Use of Data Collected by the OffenderWatch App
- Covered Account Data. You and, if applicable, your registered Administrators and Users (collectively, your “Authorized Users”), will be sent notification emails, texts and other reports concerning certain Covered Account Data monitored by the Services. Your Authorized Users will have access to all Covered Account Data in our possession for review and, if necessary, correction or deletion. Your Authorized Users may request access to such Covered Account Data by e-mailing our customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Commercial Communications. By filling in and sending your Registration Data to us, you expressly consent to receive electronic commercial communications regarding the subject matter of the Services, and other services including alerts, notices, newsletters, offers and promotions. If you do not wish to receive such information from us, you can expressly opt out by sending a notification to email@example.com.
- Children’s Privacy. The Site and Services are designed to be a tool for parents and legal guardians to use to facilitate safe online interactions for their Minor Children. Only those over the age of 18 may subscribe to our Services and select Covered Accounts for their Minor Children. This Site is not designed nor intended to be attractive to children under the age of 13. While our Services include analysis of online interactions by children, we do not knowingly collect data from children under the age of 13 without first receiving verified consent. If you are under 13 please do not submit any information to us.
- Data Processing on Your Behalf: Safe Virtual Neighborhood as Data Processor.
- User Data. Upon your registration for, and deployment of, the Services, we start collecting Data from the devices and applications associated with your Covered Account(s), which may include personal data relating to you, to your Covered Accounts or to third parties, including information about devices used by Covered Accounts, websites and applications that your Covered Accounts use, and contacts, connections, payments, messages and other communications, posted and received by your Covered Accounts (collectively, “User Data”). In accordance with applicable privacy law, to the extent that it applies to the Services, you are the “Data Controller” of this User Data and you appoint us as a “Data Processor” of such User Data for the purpose of providing our Services. User Data is not our property or under our control and is only monitored by us for purposes of providing the Services. Any User Data that combines personally identifiable information with non-personally identifiable information will be treated as personally identifiable information. We will take reasonably appropriate steps to maintain the accuracy of any User Data we collect.
- Data removal. We generally retain your User Data on an identifiable basis OffenderWatch App account, please uninstall the OffenderWatch App from your devices, and send an email (as set out below), with a digital copy of your ID or other identification document to prove your identity. Once your identity is confirmed, we will immediately remove all of your Data from our active systems and back-ups within fifteen (15) days from confirmation of identity (except as indicated below). Each Covered Account’s User Data is controlled by the Covered Account and/or you and your Authorized Users as a Data Controller. We do not control any User Data and cannot and will not provide access in response to any Covered Account’s request to review or correct errors in his/her User Data. We will forward any such requests received by us to you, as the Data Controller, and you will be responsible for responding to any such requests.
- Warranties. You, as the party responsible for User Data that we process on your behalf as Data Processor for the provision of the Services, represent and warrant to us that:
i. You comply with all applicable laws with respect to the monitoring and control of devices and applications used by you or your Covered Accounts; and ii. You have all legally required informed consents from each and every data subject, including without limitation, each the users of each Covered Account, whose personal data are submitted to us in the course of the provision of the Services or collected and transmitted to us by the Services.
- Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and keep us harmless from all claims, damages and losses we may suffer relating to or arising out of the processing of User Data and other third party personal data submitted to our systems during the course of your use and our provision of the Services.
- International Transfers of Data. We use third party technological services for the provision of Services, whose providers may process Registration Data and User Data collected in the course of providing us their services indicated below, as sub-processors. You authorize us to subcontract the following services and the corresponding transfer of User Data to the entities and countries listed below:
- Data hosting and information systems: Microsoft Azure, USA;
b. Electronic communications: Google Inc., USA;
c. Sending of commercial emails: Sendgrid, USA
- Data Security. We have adopted technical and organizational measures to preserve and protect your Data (including User Data) that we monitor from unauthorized use or access and from being altered, lost or misused, taking into account the technological state of art, the features of the information stored and the risks to which information is exposed, including without limitation encryption of all Data at rest and in transit. Further, we engage a third party to audit our security policies, procedures and standards on an annual basis. However, due to the nature of the information and related technology, we cannot ensure or guarantee the security of your Data and expressly disclaim any such obligation. If we learn of a security breach, then we will attempt to notify you electronically as soon as reasonably possible so that you can take appropriate steps. You have a role in the security of your information and you are responsible to make sure your log-in information is kept from other people. If your log-in information is lost or stolen, you can change your email/username or password on the account log-in page of the Site. If we receive instructions using your log-in information we will consider that you have authorized the instructions.
- Analytics and other anonymous data use. For the purpose of analyzing and improving our Services, we anonymize your Data and store and process this anonymized data. This anonymized data may be analyzed by a third party but such analysis is only used internally to determine how our Services are used, measuring their effectiveness, and providing general customer service.
b. the collection and processing of Data, including User Data on your behalf, as indicated herein; and
Your consent to Data collection and processing may be revoked, without retroactive effects, in accordance with applicable law.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with the OffenderWatch Website or any OffenderWatch application, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch Systems, LLC
4 Sanctuary Blvd.
Mandeville, LA 70471