WE HAVE RESCHEDULED (AGAIN!) TO OCTOBER 20-22
We have made new plans to hold the OffenderWatch Symposium October 20 – 22nd at the New Orleans Marriott. If you are already registered, we will automatically apply your registration and a room will be held for you. We are coordinating with the Marriott, the City of New Orleans and the Governor’s office to ensure a safe, enjoyable, and useful conference. We are hopeful that the Governor will announce the beginning of Phase 3 later this month. The Marriot has been accommodating to our needs, and we will adjust to whatever protocols are imposed. We will email an update to all registrants. This will give you plenty of time to make travel arrangements to join us in New Orleans and confirm your room with the New Orleans Marriott.
Don’t miss the 2020 OffenderWatch Symposium in New Orleans!
The Foremost Event in Sex Offender Registry Management
What to Expect
- Inspiring National Keynote speaker
- Over 250 participants from 32 states, tribes, and Canada
- Workshops on Best Practices, SOR Issues
- Breakout Sessions, Panel Discussions and Case Studies
- Hands-on Classes for OffenderWatch Training
- Experienced law enforcement presenters including FBI, State & Local registering agencies
- Time to Network with the experts
- Meet one-on-one with the OffenderWatch Support Desk Team
Breakout Session Highlights
- Dark Web, Law Enforcement Response to Cyber Crimes – David Ferris, Louisiana Bureau of Investigation, Cyber Crime Unit
- Preparing for an FBI SOR Audit
- Child Abduction Response
- Pandemic, Fire, Flood, Hurricane, Tornado, Riot: Registry Disaster Management – User Panel
Workshops on the Issues
- Sharing SOR data between locals, states, tribes, and Feds
- Getting it Right: Collecting and Validating Data
- Noncompliance and Warrants Processes
- Effective Public Notification
- Field Ops with OffenderWatch Mobile
- OffenderWatch Active Contact Reminders
- OffenderWatch Booking Alerts
- The Safe Virtual Neighborhood App
- Saving Time with OffenderWatch Express Check-in
- Managing Resources using OffenderWatch FOCUS
Hands-on Lab: OffenderWatch User Training
- Managing Offenders and Notifying the Public
- Child Abduction and Offender Investigations
- Mastering OffenderWatch: Lesser Known & Underused Features
- Effective Admin of Your Registry
- Reducing Rejections & Validations with NCIC Sync
This is a brand-new hands-on curriculum for OffenderWatch User training in 2020. Download the course descriptions and instructor bios. When you register, be sure to indicate which classes you plan to attend. Use this document to apply for continuing education credits with your agency.
Who Should Attend
Anyone managing or investigating registered sex offenders, State registry managers, OffenderWatch users, compliance officers, ICAC teams, prosecutors, corrections, parole officers, tribal police, child abduction response teams, U.S. Marshals, and sex offender tracking teams.
Here is a sample letter to your supervisor to help you justify your travel expenses.
Tentative – more details are coming!
Tuesday October 20
Registration & Evening Reception
Wednesday October 21
Breakout Sessions, Hands-on Training, Workshops, Lightning Talks, One-on-one Service Desk
Thursday October 22
Breakout Sessions, Hands-on Training, Workshops, Lightning Talks, One-on-on Service Desk
Evening Networking Opportunity: Second Line, great Louisiana food & music
Friday October 23
The OffenderWatch Advisory Board Meeting & Lunch.
Early Registration Extended to October 1st!
Register now for only $550 and save $50.
Register and Pay by Credit Card online or register then send a check made out to Watch Systems.
If you are already registered, you do not need to reregister for the new October date.
Getting to the Big Easy
Our new Louis Armstrong Airport is now open! Click below to learn more about getting around the airport or to book a flight.
Book the Marriott New Orleans by Phone or Online
The OffenderWatch Symposium is being held at the New Orleans Marriott Hotel in New Orleans, 555 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA, 70130. Book now for a great rate at this fabulous venue right on Canal Street near the Vieux Carré. Save on rental car and overnight parking as the hotel is within walking distance of the best food and tourist sites in the French Quarter.
Online room reservation at the New Orleans Marriott or phone the New Orleans Marriott at (504) 581-1000.
OffenderWatch and the New Orleans Marriott Hotel are taking precautions to ensure the health of all event participants and we are consulting the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Louisiana public health authorities.
Got Questions? Email Kathy Taylor email@example.com