How to Connect Your Child’s Apple Device for Monitoring
STEP 1: Install the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app on your child’s Apple device.
- Download the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app on your child’s phone if you haven’t already.
- Search the App Store for “Safe Virtual Neighborhood” or download from the link below.
Step 2: Create an Account
Visit svn.offenderwatch.com or click the link below to Create an Account, and click “Sign Up.” Enter your email, choose a password, and agree to Terms and Conditions.
Next, you’ll enter payment information, followed by profile information. Next, log into the app on your child’s cell phone to setup.
STEP 3: Open SVN App on Child’s Phone & Login
- Open the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app on your child’s device, and login with the credentials you just created.
- Look for the Save Virtual Neighborhood app on the device’s home screen or App Drawer with this icon (shown in screenshot).
- Click “Login” on both screens once you open the app, as shown here.
STEP 4: Add a Child Device
Select Add/Edit Family, then select your child. You will see this screen. Tap Add New Device and follow the instructions.
STEP 5: Follow the instructions to allow permissions
You will see several screens where you are allowing Safe Virtual Neighborhood the permission to monitor your child’s device, as seen below:
STEP 6: You’re Finished!
You’ll now be alerted if a registered sex offender contacts your child via email–or if your child is near an offender’s home.
Need additional assistance?
Contact us if you’re having any issues setting up your child’s Apple device.