How to Connect Your Child’s Apple Device for Monitoring
STEP 1: Create an Account
You need a family account to use Safe Virtual Neighborhood. If you haven’t already done so, click the button below, then enter your email, choose a password, agree to the Terms & Conditions. Next you’ll enter payment information, followed by profile information.
When you are done, you will need to install the SVN app on your phone and your and your child’s phone.
STEP 2: Install the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app on your child’s Apple device
- Download the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app on your child’s phone if you haven’t already.
- Search the App Store for “Safe Virtual Neighborhood” or download from the link below.
STEP 3: Open SVN App on Child’s Phone & Login
- Open the Safe Virtual Neighborhood app on your child’s device, and login with the family credentials you created.
- Look for the Save Virtual Neighborhood app on the device’s home screen or App Drawer with this icon (shown in screenshot).
- Click “Login” on both screens once you open the app, as shown here.
STEP 4: Add a Child Device
Select Add/Edit Family, then select your child. You will see this screen. Tap Add New Device and follow the instructions.
STEP 5: Follow the instructions to allow permissions
You will see several screens where you are allowing Safe Virtual Neighborhood the permission to monitor your child’s device, as seen below:
STEP 6: You’re Finished!
You’ll now be alerted if a registered sex offender contacts your child via email–or if your child is near an offender’s home.
Need additional assistance?
Contact us if you’re having any issues setting up your child’s Apple device.